Hello 2016-2017 Freshman Patriot Parent/Guardian,
Independence High School (IHS) is proud to welcome you and your child for the 2016-2017 school year!
You are invited to Independence High School’s Freshmen Patriot Pride Night on Thursday, August 4, 2016, at 6:30 pm. (Click here to view a video.) Students MUST be accompanied by a parent.
Not only will you and your child have an opportunity to get some Patriot Pride, but you both also have a chance to personally meet administration and teachers, while learning about available resources.
By attending this event you and your student will:
- Meet Independence staff
- Know the expectations of students and parents
- Hear about Educational Career Action Plans (ECAP)
- Gather tips on how to adjust to high school
- Start developing “Patriot Pride” and school spirit
- Receive information of support services available to all students
- Hear from Arizona State University’s (ASU) SPARKS Team
- Learn about extracurricular activities and athletics
Mark your calendars, and come celebrate the new beginning of high school with your student! (Click here for a printable flyer.)
If you have questions, please email them to IHS_PACECenter@guhsdaz.org. You may also call 623.435.6172; your call will be returned as soon as possible when we return from summer.
We look forward to having your family as a part of Independence!
Independence High School Staff